Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Flames Of Destruction Set Introduces New Elemental Lord
Konami announced the next, and final, Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG set of the 2017-18 season is Flames of Destruction. This new 100-card set will bring new cards for various decks and introduce a new Elemental Lord.
The Elemental Lords are some of the most powerful monsters in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG, which relied on a certain number of a specific attribute monster to be in the graveyard. Konami has never made a Light version of the Elemental Lords, until now, with Flames of Destruction.
Once a duelist has exactly five Light Attribute monsters in their graveyard, they can special summon this Elemental Lord. Its effect destroys all monsters on your opponent’s side of the field at once, like Raigeki. If you’re going to pick up the upcoming Wave of Light structure deck, this card will go perfectly with it.
Flames of Destruction will also introduce new Link Monsters that can go into any deck and have two abilities: one that activates when they are summoned and another that’s always active.
Konami provided the following examples of the types of cards duelists can expect in the Flames of Destruction.
- Powerful Trap Cards you can activate from your hand.
- A new “Trap Hole” that banishes monsters face down.
- A Spell that revives one of your monsters in a Zone a Link Monster is pointing to.
- A new “Topologic” Link Monster that banishes all Spells and Traps on the field when a monster
is Special Summoned to a Zone it points toward.
- A Dragon that can erase all the cards in a single column, then render that column unusable.
- A “Trickstar” soloist that shrugs off activated card effects and inflicts big damage every turn.
- An “Altergeist” spin on Tour Guide from the Underworld
Flames of Destruction will have 48 common cards, 20 rare cards, 14 super rare cards, 10 ultra rare cards and 8 secret rare cards. The set will release May 4.
So what do you think of the brand new Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG set? Which cards are you hoping to pull? Let us know in the comments section below.